Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was interesting this year, with the ferry halloween party, seeing trick or treaters in Poland and Sweden, and my second straight year as a "zombie", which I feel has replaced "ghost" as easiest/lamest costume. But I was short on options. Our new found frisbee friends (see poland post) took us to a great house party. Ola, at left, was dressed as Marylin Monroe. When I pointed out that she died of an overdose and not zombie attack, Ola said "Anything happens on Halloween!" Too right. By the way, the white on our faces is pounded up chalk. I was hesitant, but when you're already going as "zombie" you have to make some sacrifices.



Trick or treaters I met outside my house on the way to the ferry...

More trick or treaters, who were kind enough to indulge me in some translation. I think "Gudies" sounds far more onomatopoeic that "treats" for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment