Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Impressions




Karlskrona is a great place. Unfortunately, one of the notable events of my first week here was dropping my camera into the sea on a kayaking trip, so I don't have a lot of pictures to share. But the camera has proven resilient and seems to be working well enough, so be on the look out for some slices of Scandinavian life over the coming months.

These life rings, incedentally, are ubiquitous throughout the island. There are at least two rings for every person I've seen swimming.







I went swimming, off of the high dive. The water was not nearly as cold as I would have imagined when hearing the words "Baltic Sea"















The floating sauna, however, I haven't tried yet. But I am pursuing leads to find out who owns it and how I get in.











And although I haven't actually pursued any leads to get behind an oar on one of these beauties, I'm sure that will come together at some point as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment